June 12- June 18

June 14th,

         Today was another weekly cleanup, my favorite part of it was that I got to Kayak for the first time. There was nothing too special about this cleanup since there wasnt too much trash, maybe 10 pounds worth. We did get rained on so after the cleanup there were not a lot for us to do besides take innovatory.

June 15th,
       
           Today had to be the most fun I have had in this internship. The bugs we collected a few weeks ago from the Avon Creek, we got to I.D. them down to the last detail. This actually boosted my confidence in knowing my bugs.

           After Identifying the bugs we actually went out into the field and completed three Road Stream Crossing sites. My supervisor got to hold a frog while the interns were collecting the data needed. It was pretty neat how the frog didnt want to move from his hand.



June 16th,
               Today was the day that tested everyone's patients. We had our last Stream Leaders event, my main question is... Why would you hold Stream Leaders on the last day of school? I think I had to yell at 20 students the whole day to put their phones away and pay attention (okay saying I had to yell is a little much). Either way, today could of been better, at least we all learned a lesson.

1. When the group of students come to you warn them about phones. I decided after the third group I would announce to the last group that if I saw a phone out I would call them out on it and if I see them pull it out a second time I will tell their teacher. (Their teacher already told them no phones). 

2. Dont forget your field bag. 

           A student lost our tape measure and my co-worker tripped and fell into the creek we were in. Yeah, she got soaked, her phone has to dry out now, and she forgot her field bag. # 1 big no no. NEVER FORGET YOUR FIELD BAG!!!!



Over all:

 It was not a bad week. Could of went better but hey at least I learned new things and I am looking forward to my next week of work. I am trying to decide on if I want to continue the Internship after June 23rd. (My supervisor is giving me the opportunity to continue working through July) The only reason I am unsure is that I could use the money and getting a job would help. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Bag???

June 5th-June 11th

May 22nd - May 26th